Custom Exercise Measurements/Types
Right now we have a few exercise types to choose from. Example:
- Strength: track REPS and WEIGHT
- Endurance: track REPS
But what about when we need to track something else to see progress? Example, pseudo planche pushup. This is an exercise that is progressed by leaning further and further forward to increase resistance. So I would want to track REPS and INCHES.
Some other examples:
- incline pushups: track hand height from the ground.
- incline rows: track hand height from the ground or body angle.
- step up squats: track height of step
- resistance band exercises: track which band is used
I'd like to propose 2 options as a solution.
The simple one: add the ability to add NOTES to every exercise. We can specify what to write in the notes in the TARGET section of the exercise or workout instructions. The client can use the notes to track things like this. The notes could be a simple icon next to the reps and weight input. tap it to add a note or read the current note. It can show a different color once a note is added.
The graphable one: give us the ability to create custom exercise types. We could create one that tracks REPS and INCHES for example. Alternatively, Trainerize can create a few more exercise types for us.
- REPS x INCHES/DISTANCE (for leverage adjustable bodyweight exercises)
- REPS x BAND STRENGTH (for banded exercises)
- TIME x INCHES/DISTANCE (for stretches)
and possibly more as suggested in the comments.