Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Built-in meal plan generator/builder that gives meal plan with recipes and shopping list

You pick a certain diet for them and from there can be a library of recipes to pick from like the workouts but for food. Then be able to swap out foods or change parts of their meal plan directly in Trainerize.

Something like myPTHub or evolution nutrition. Keep everything under one roof.

This should be viewable on the calendar without having to download an old-school PDF.

1,894 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

64 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. enter multiple meal plans under meal plan tab

enter multiple meal plans under meal plan tab

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show weekly/monthly calories / macro averages in nutrition graph

I would love to be able to adjust the nutrition graph overview by date range and view overall averages of each metric (macros/calories). This would be super helpful to have a clearer picture of whether our clients are tracking and hitting their goals effectively through each week.

For example, if I want to see a client's nutrition data for 1 week, I should be able to set date ranges (i.e. 5/10/2020 - 5/16/2020) and see their daily numbers but also see the averages as well.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A button where females can click to when they are on their period and the weight loss graph turns a different colour

When females have their menstrual cycle, it would be great to be able to see it on the chart with their weight loss, in a different colour

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add weekly check in day. And set a macro goal for a certain date

I have some nutrition only clients that I am adjusting weekly macros. Having a set check in day in the system would help with organization. Also, being able to set a macro goal for the future. For example, set a new macro goal that starts tomorrow so it wouldn’t mess with today’s set macros. Very helpful when working with clients in different time zones

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integration with Eat This Much. This is the best meal planning software out there.

This is the best meal planning software out there. You set your macros and can filter everything from time that you have to prepare a meal, to no cooking, to easy swaps that keep your macros intact.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. -Upload PDF's and resources for clients when they sign up (guides, recipes, etc)

-Upload PDF's and resources for clients automatically when clients are added to TZ (guides, recipes, etc)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Calorie and Macro range for goal instead of one number

With my clients and myself I never give them just one number to eat. It’s really restricting. I wish we had the option to make their goals between a certain range

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to schedule "daily nutrition goal" on the client's calendar

It will be really nice to have the ability to schedule "daily nutrition goal" on the client's calendar as you can set up and schedule the macros/calories of the client WITHOUT having to change them every week.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Only complete circles on nutrition summary of all macros met within 5 grams

The circles on the nutrition summary are fully completed circles when the client hadn’t fully met them. Maybe change this to within +/-5 grams and make it green.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sync carbon diet coach with app.

Sync the app with carbon diet coach app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to carb cycle clients macros

Have high, medium and low days for clients

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sync apple health food

Sync clients apple health app foods. Give clients to use existing apps to track their foods, like fat secret, eat this much etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ability to set new nutrition goal and see past nutrition goals

I would love to be able to create a 'new' nutrition goal rather than editing it.

I would like to be able to see what we've done in the past as I don't set goals based on % of macros so when the client is losing weight, the calories and grams of each nutrient changes. I would like to be able to still see past goals for comparison and change over time.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom Nutrition Programs

Being able to add custom nutrition plans like Whole30, with notes and would be fantastic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Being able to override MFP macro assignments

I love that I can see my clients’ diary on trainerize, and setting their goals to hit it is cool, but I was that there was a way for me to assign their macros on Trainerize and when they sync their MFP, it would automatically set it for them. MyMacros+ used to partner with Avatar Nutrition, and it would automatically sync my assigned macros from Avatar Nutrition to MyMacros+. This would be such a cool feature that clients would love. It would be one less thing that they would have to worry about.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Workout and none workout day kcal options

Option to set workout and none workout day kcal targets

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Built in recipes/ grocery lists for a master program

Instead of individually uploading recipes for each client in the master program .. just upload it for all
    The clients in that master program- would be super helpful like new recipes/ grocery lists

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to set high and moderate days for calorie target

When I program a calorie goal for clients I tend to give them moderate calorie days and a few higher-calorie days which they will hit on a weekend to give them a bit more flexibility or they can use the higher calorie days on their more difficult training days.

It would be nice to have the ability to set a calorie and protein target for a set amount of days rather than it being for the full week.

A nutrition protocol tab could be a good idea. We could program the client their moderate and high-calorie days, give them macro…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base