Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upload multiple PDF's and resources for clients when they sign up (guides, recipes, etc)

-Upload PDF's and resources for clients automatically when clients are added to TZ (guides, recipes, e-books, shoppping lists, etc)

257 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show weekly/monthly calories / macro averages in nutrition graph

I would love to be able to adjust the nutrition graph overview by date range and view overall averages of each metric (macros/calories). This would be super helpful to have a clearer picture of whether our clients are tracking and hitting their goals effectively through each week.

For example, if I want to see a client's nutrition data for 1 week, I should be able to set date ranges (i.e. 5/10/2020 - 5/16/2020) and see their daily numbers but also see the averages as well.

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Built-in meal plan generator/builder that gives meal plan with recipes and shopping list

You pick a certain diet for them and from there can be a library of recipes to pick from like the workouts but for food. Then be able to swap out foods or change parts of their meal plan directly in Trainerize.

Something like myPTHub or evolution nutrition. Keep everything under one roof.

This should be viewable on the calendar without having to download an old-school PDF.

2,110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A button where females can click to when they are on their period and the weight loss graph turns a different colour

When females have their menstrual cycle, it would be great to be able to see it on the chart with their weight loss, in a different colour

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Calorie and Macro range for goal instead of one number

With my clients and myself I never give them just one number to eat. It’s really restricting. I wish we had the option to make their goals between a certain range

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integration with Eat This Much. This is the best meal planning software out there.

This is the best meal planning software out there. You set your macros and can filter everything from time that you have to prepare a meal, to no cooking, to easy swaps that keep your macros intact.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ability to set or schedule future nutrition goals and see past nutrition goals

I would love to be able to create a 'new' nutrition goal rather than editing it. Also I'll like to be able to schedule future nutrition goal for nutrition phases and pre-planning of their macros.

I would like to be able to see what we've done in the past as I don't set goals based on % of macros so when the client is losing weight, the calories and grams of each nutrient changes. I would like to be able to still see past goals for comparison and change over time.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Viewing weekly food logs

When you are viewing food logs on the calendar, being able to scroll back and forth without having to click out and click into the next day. Instead of clicking in and out of views, being able to use arrows to slide to the next day or previous day.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have clients nutrition sent in daily summary

I think we should have the clients daily nutritional goal sent with the daily summary and have it show if they went over their calories for that day. I think it would help me better keep clients accountable without having to look at each individual client to see if they went over their calories.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add carbon to link with trainerize

Carbon is a coach app much like my fitness pal would like to be able to link it like my fitnesspal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple Porton Habits Based on Training, Non-training days

When I subscribe a client to a portion control habit using hand shapes, it allows me to choose which days they should follow this habit,

But I would like to be able to subscribe them to two different portion control habits so that they can eat more on training days and less on non-training days.

Please make it possible to subscribe a client to the same habit twice for variations in the amount.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Only complete circles on nutrition summary of all macros met within 5 grams

The circles on the nutrition summary are fully completed circles when the client hadn’t fully met them. Maybe change this to within +/-5 grams and make it green.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Batch calculate TDEE of multiple clients at one time

Since a client’s nutrition goal is based on their TDEE, I want to be able to select multiple clients and batch calculate their TDEE and pop it into their nutrition goals.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. net carb

Calculate the Net Carbs (Total Carbs - Fiber) from syncing the nutrition apps so it shows in the summary on the daily breakdown and use it as a goal tracking measure as well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link with NutraCheck

NutraCheck is more UK friendly and this is the the app the majority of my clients use, it would be good if they could link this to their account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Find in file" meal plan

Add find in file function (⌘ F ... if on a mac) SO when client reference things on their meal plan I can look it up from their dashboard within trainerize while on my phone

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to set a body fat percentage goal

Be able to work towards body recomposition by setting a body fat goal.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Intregrated Fasting Tracker

Would be great if there is a fasting tracker (similar to ZERO fasting app) integrated into Trainerize

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to turn off Nutrition for Client/Clients

In some countries such as Australia only nutritionists are permitted to provide meal plans. Having the option to turn off or hide Nutrition would benefits clients that haven't had nutrition consulting with a nutritionist and avoid possible issues with clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sync carbon diet coach with app.

Sync the app with carbon diet coach app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base