Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

193 results found

1. Improved Progress Analysis, and/or Export Function

Currently needing to re-enter client-entered data, such as calories, macros, body weight, etc., into a separate spreadsheet to create my own graphs to help them better visualize progress.

Possible Solutions:

1. Improve the progress section with customizable charts, trendlines, etc.

2. Allow trainers to export data from the progress tab, in excel/google sheet format, so we can create our own methods for data analysis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add waist measurement as tile to dashboard.

I think it would be helpful to add a tile for WAIST MEASURMENT under the MY PROGRESS tab. I am teaching my clients not to obsess over the scale, so I use their waist measurements for check-ins, rather than their weight. I only have them weigh-in once a month. I think it would be helpful to add this there so I can find it faster than clicking on the biometrics to find it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to Mass Export Workout/Exercise Progress and/or Have a Progress Section Comparing Client Progress for Programs/Exercises

It would be great to be able to chart and see multiple client progress for workouts/exercises all in one place.

This could be built into the Progress section, into a master program, or allow mass exporting of workout/exercise/program progress for multiple clients at once.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Monthly Production Feedback

At the beginning/end of each month, notify trainers/coaches what the queue of important tasks are that Trainerize is actively working on. Often times we don't know what order in which things are important to the Trainerize team. Seems like we're voting for something, and unsure if the team has seen it yet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Progress report - Est 1RM, Total Weight Changes, etc.

Have a one-click button per client that allows you to generate a complete progress report for the given time frame.
    This could include metrics such as
    - Start - End bodyweight with total change
    - Progress in est 1RM progression or volume progression for each lift, (Or just the main lifts)
    - Total compliance stats for each category
    etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix the resolution for pictures and videos

The resolution for pictures and videos always appear blurry. Especially after the update. I have clients complain of this all the time stating that the resolution of their pictures and videos are great until they upload them. If this was improved no doubt the client would have a better experience and be able to compare progress better as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Volume Tracking

I've found periodization very difficult on the trainerize app. The first & foremost challenge I face is the ability to track total volume per body part. I currently have to do this off-site in a spreadsheet for each client. I feel as if it would be a fairly easy integration as the muscle group is tagged when you input an exercise i.e. you program a bench press & it's tagged "chest." Now if every time I program a "chest" exercise it would add up the Total sets & give me the number for each bodypart that would be extremely helpful. …

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Easily see exercise progress (weights, sets, reps, volume etc.)

When writing more detailed workouts with guidance for clients of what weight to use, it's really frustrating to have to go to the client's profile, view progress, then select each exercise individually and change the option to max weight (rather than estimated 1RM) to view their previous weights/reps for that exercise. Then have to repeat that for each exercise individually.

It would be great if there was a simple, easy way of viewing a client's prior weights used to make programming so much simpler and quicker and save a lot of time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. bioelectrical impedance

Create in the progress menu, something to register client's Bioelectrical impedance analysis values. General and by segments. it is common in person coaching to have such an assessment and there is no place to record these values. this way the client can track his progress too

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow me to download my data (past workouts, measurements, etc)

The UI of the app is ineffective in seeing my data points. Please allow me to export my data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Highlighting the exercises that a new PB was set on

When I click on a client's workout from the dashboard I would love if it highlighted which exercise the client improved on and by how much. That way you can easily and quickly see at a glance which exercise they improved on so you can celebrate them right there and leave a comment celebrating specifically what they did instead of just saying "3 new pb's, great work John!"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customising the body measurements to areas of the body we personally use as coaches.

Currently there are a number of measurements being asked for that we dont use that would be great to be able to delete and others that would be great to add

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Compliance Percentage Displayed On Client's Dash

A feature where every client can see their own compliance percentage at the top of their dash, with the ability for them to toggle between nutrition, workouts, habits, or all, via a drop down. Perhaps even with the ability to toggle between weekly, monthly, or all time compliance. Based on the program(s) they're currently running.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Decimal times for sprinting.

I am training pro athletes & a lot of football players who need to track their sprinting times accuratly.
    I am sure a lot of coaches feel the same if they are coaching athletes.
    There is category for timed exercises, but its rounding the numbers oddly.
    If you put in a 4.46 its gets rounded down to 4 sec.
    It would be of great value and only a small change.
    Please support this idea if you feel the same.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tracking Increments of weight in different exercises

Tracking Increments of weight in different exercises for trainer and client. This will help with tracking how much weight the client is using after each session. Also having a graph to show the progress of weight for the client would enhance their experience.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Copying Client Programs copies the progression spreadsheet as well.

Currently, when you map out several days in the calendar you can edit those days in a progression spreadsheet. However, if you try to copy that program over to another client it only copies the "Workout Builder" portion and not the calendar changes.

Proposed change

• Master Programs if "scheduled" copies to clients program. That way if you periodize 6 weeks, you don't have to re-type every change for every client on every exercise.

• Client programs if "scheduled" copy over changes made to the "progression spreadsheet". The master workouts tab doesn't allow for planned periodization and often forces me to write…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability To Merge Exercise Progress -

Hey!

I started using this app for about 6 months without uploading my own exercise videos into the app. I wanted the app to have more videos of ME! I'm tired of seeing that man in the blue shirt.

Anyways my point is I have lots of data and it would be helpful to merge the data from multiple exercises

When i first started using the app i would program my clients with the auto generated exercise you know the dude with the blue shirt, so i been using the demo of the barbell back squats for a few months…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. End of Month" monthly summary report

I think it'd be great to have the system send an "End of Month Report" to each client with stats like:

Total Workouts.
    Average workouts per week.
    Personal Bests summary
    Nutritional summary with average calories, carbs, fat, protein.
    etc..

Most "online fitness options" do something like this as a way to give clients a feeling of accomplishment at months end. This would be a great way for us to show how we are helping clients get stronger and healthier.

2,034 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We've added this to our work queue. We'll post further updates here as our teams pick it up to work on it.

Please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base