Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

283 results found

1. Ability to add our own meals / recipes to a library for clients to discover

Be able to add recipes to a library and clients can use directly with the caloric and macro information.

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed! You can learn more about how to create custom meals/recipes here, and you can see how your clients can discover your custom meals here

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas such as adding your custom meals to the Smart Meal Planner or have ability to create your own Custom Meal Plan or ability for clients to create their own recipes. 

Thanks!

2. Options for 45 minute sessions

Options for 45 minute sessions

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow trainers to comment directly on client's workout notes!

My clients regularly add notes during or after their workout about how their training went. Now I can only respond to this via the chatmessage, but it would be much easier to directly respond to their note in the note itself.

Maybe the client can get a notification that their trainer responded to their note?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Steps! We need to able to see our clients steps

We all understand NEAT and how much this count for energy expenditure! We must be able to see our clients steps from their fitbit/ watch of choice. This would make the app near perfect. This is a massive thing for all fat loss clients especially

391 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Closing this out as in our previous release, Fitbit and Withings devices now sync their steps into Trainerize.

If you are looking to turn on syncing for Apple Health/Watch, you can turn on the beta within the Add-ons > Integrations and scroll down to the bottom section “Beta labs”.

Your vote has been returned to you. Please come back and vote on more ideas at ideas.trainerize.com or add any new suggestions.

Thanks!

5. Disable the check in feature

It would be good to disable the check in feature. many new clients keep selecting that instead of track. Plus I don't want a client to get out of logging in a workout that easy.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’re marking this idea as completed!
You can now do it with the latest v6.x app.

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

6. Allow MyFitnessPal to sync with all data (including calorie goals and what they're actually eating).

Currently, it says clients have a low workout compliance and you can only see macros. This doesn't help with knowing their calorie goals and what they're actually eating. If you could change this then I think a lot of people would be happy as it would be such a useful tool!

872 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Happy to announce this has been completed.

Please make sure your clients turn on their diary share to public in MyFitnessPal, then come back to the Trainerize app and hit “Enable diary share” in the MyFitnessPal section.

Thanks for the great idea! Your vote has been returned to you, please come back and upvote another idea at http://ideas.trainerize.com. Thanks!

https://www.trainerize.com/blog/trainerize-update-full-meal-details-now-available-with-the-myfitnesspal-nutrition-integration/?fbclid=IwAR3Cl0M2HHGNUAeMP4oFT7Rr15y87lS-8WP5zRFL46-CCvK_ipKUhw8aVMw

7. Allow for fitbit nutritional data to be viewed on trainerize.

There are a lot of companies who utilize the fitbit for wellness programs. Part of the incentive they provide is entering nutritional data into fitbit. Currently, I would need to require clients to double enter their nutritional data for the day. Once in myfitnesspal and once on Fitbit. If the client could have the option on what they want to use it would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

8. Give me a page on which to type random notes about each client.

I need a place to keep notes about each client. I currently have to do this on paper. It would make life a lot easier if I could keep those notes in each client’s Trainerize account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Instagram

Being able to share trainerize on instagram like clients are able to on facebook and other platforms

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

With the v6 app we launch in Q3 2019, clients can share their workout summary accomplishments to Instagram too now.

Thanks!

10. FitBit activities to automatically synced to Trainerize app

It would be much better and helpful if all the data and information from FitBit was synced with the Trainerize app, for example, when I do 5/10k runs outside of the gym and they are tracked in the FitBit app if those runs could then be logged with the Trainerize app so that my gym trainer can see all exercise I am doing which feeds into my calorie intake. Thanks

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Trainers to Start Programs on Any Day of The Week

As is, I can only subscribe a client to a program with a start date on a Monday. Not all of my clients billing cycle is set up to start on Monday, and I simply cannot keep up with the workload to create new programs starting on Monday every time. It seems silly that I am unable to start a program on any day of the week.

399 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now start a program on any day of the week, but just be careful to set a start date to Monday if you want the days of the week to line up.

Thanks!

12. Extend the 14 Day Auto Messaging Feature or create a sequence or campaign of auto-messages

Having the 14 Days worth of scheduled messaging is great....but we need more! I want to be able to have a sequence of messages be set to keep clients accountability on par and If you have a lot of clients it can be hard to do this manually. I think starting with a months worth of automessages would be a good start, be the ability to add as many as you want into the fure would be ideal

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

You can now build multiple programs and stack them. So you can build a dedicated messaging journey as a program and stack it as an add-on program.

Stacking multiple is in beta so you can request to join it.

More information here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/trainerizestackprograms

Thanks!

13. Allow for group messaging

It would be great to be able to create a group message with all of your clients so that they can cheer each other on, communicate back and forth, and see what other people are struggling with (currently using GroupMe for this since the messages only go through separately to large numbers of clients)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Turn off messaging for some clients

I would love to be able to turn OFF messaging services for some clients.

I have clients on different tiers, which affects the level of communication they have with me, and would like to be able to turn it off in some cases.

PLEASE make this happen as currently there is no easy way to tell certain clients they 'can't' use the messaging feature. If it's there, they use it!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

In our release in Q3 2019, you can now set one-way messaging for only certain clients.

Thanks!

15. Bodyweight exercises

More exercises that have no equipment as many clients workout from home

536 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow set nutritional focus/goals/meal plans to be attached to programs

I would like to see the ability to attach nutritional information to a program. So if someone purchases or is subscribed to a program they are also subscribed to a nutritional guide/goals. This could be a PDF information sheet or a meal plan. So if for example someone is on a muscle gain/fat loss program there can be specific nutritional direction given to compliment that program.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

With the integrated payments within Trainerize, you can now automatically attach a meal plan PDF to the purchased product via the automation options.

Thanks!

17. Allow us to create a customized cardio workout like treadmill intervals

I want to put a note in the cardio section with specific times and speeds for an interval workout on the treadmill. There's nowhere to do that and so now I have to email my client with the instructions, which she will have to print out or save elsewhere on her phone when at the gym. A

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Have you tried using the interval workout feature?

Just drop in various running blocks with rest blocks in between.

You can set the work times and set any speed or zone targets.

Best of all, the client will have the guided timer to go through the workout.

18. FILES / Informational Tab - Upload informational videos, documents etc

I just want to be able to upload videos or documents (other than exercises) eg: "How to track on MFP", Macros 101, Guide to Supplements, How Fat Loss Works, Which triaining is best for you etc etc.

Because this is an online coaching platform you want to be able to give as much information to the client as possible.

A seperate tab on the overview page would be perfect. And allow clients to be able to access the Files whenever they needed information.

904 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

With the new v6 app, you can now record a video message directly from the mobile app, or pick from the camera roll.

You can also attach a file in the messenger.

Thanks for supporting this idea. Your vote has been returned to you to revote up another idea.

One related idea you might be interested in is the ability to send video messages via the web application:

http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-fitness-nutrition-training-features/suggestions/38714152-send-video-message-via-web-app

19. Ability for clients to view videos in Landscape orientation

I've uploaded my own workout videos, each are around an hour in length. My clients watch, listen and follow. If a phone is all they have available, then it's difficult to see the form in the current default orientation (vertical). Would be nice if when the client turns the phone sideways that the content (video) would rotate with it and show up larger in "landscape" mode.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow videos to be sent from camera roll as attachments in messenger.

Currently, videos cannot be sent from clients to me or vice versa. This would be a helpful feature so I don't have to toggle back to texting when a video needs to be sent.

For example, my client needed to send me a video of her home gym, but could not so texted to me.

882 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base