Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to help client enter foods as a trainer

Ability to help client enter food details from meal photo. In trainers app you could look at client's photo and add the food items to find out macros. That way if you are managing a client on your own you could even help track as a starter.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meal Tracker (in-app)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show macro breakdown per meal (not just calories)

Make macro breakdown per meal vs just total added? For example - here there's are 2 meals added. Overview page lists calories, but once you have more than one meal, you can't see what made up the macros, or where they came from. If a client (or myself) wanted to see where the carbs were coming from (whether it be as an education tool or just to see what was carb dense), we can't tell what foods made up the total carb count and how much. Yes, it's on the single items info when it is being added, but trying…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meal Tracker (in-app)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to switch between client mode and trainer mode

Allow trainerize trainers to have the ability to be both a trainer and a client.
    I have hired a trainerize trainer for myself and I constantly have to log out of my trainerize acct to switch to my trainers acct to be a client. Is there a way for me to switch between accts without logging off each acct and logging back in?

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the servings to grams, cups, tablespoons etc.

Have the ability to change the serving size to 1 gram, 100 grams, cups, tablespoons etc and easily allow us to change the number of servings like in my fitness pal.

For example

Serving size - 1 gram
    Number of servings - 115 (allow us to put whatever number we want)
    115 servings of 1 gram = 115 grams.

I use this format in my fitness pal whenever "1 gram" is available it allows my clients to basically be as accurate as possible when weighing their food.

We would basically not need my fitness pal if this gets changed ASAP!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Attach multiple photos to a message or group post

Want to be able to send multiple photos at one time.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Build out a daily video lesson or educational content that they can check off when completed

It would be great to be able to provide a daily lesson that clients can mark as completed once they’ve consumed the material and implemented the lesson

1,291 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the idea forum and adding your vote to this idea.

We’re moving this to our planned roadmap.

Please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

7. Ability to track Appointments as "completed, no show, etc" - show completed appointments under each Trainer

This would be critical for payroll/accounting purposes. As a brick and mortar establishment, we of course kept track of all completed personal training sessions for payroll purposes of our employees. We also tracked/compensated for appointments where the client late cancels, or no shows. If this could be tracked somewhere for easy reporting - like underneath each trainers name and sorted by weekly, monthly, etc it would simplify payroll processing. It would also allow us to charge clients for no shows or late cancels.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Exercise Flagging by Clients

Exercise Flagging - When a client wants to change an exercise, he/she can flag the exercise and the trainer sees all flagged exercises for each client in the dashboard so he can easily change or modify the exercises.

Another example, a client needs additional instructions on a particular exercise so he flags the exercise as "Require more information" or something similar.

This would make our life as Trainers much easier. At the moment the only option is to have clients leave comments after their workouts, but this means that we have to read every note of each workout. I do…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring back colour coding and repeating events to program scheduler

With a recent update for Stacking Multiple Programs, Trainerize introduced a new scheduler that depreciated the colour coding and repeating events.
    This idea is to bring back the features from the previous scheduler.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Onboarding videos for clients

Create onboarding videos for trainers to use to help their clients to learn how to use the app. I am looking for more support videos from trainerize for my clients. I need videos to show them how to "Find their workouts", "Mark their Workout" as complete, "Substitute Exercises", "Access the On Demand Library", "Take Progress Photos", "Track Body Stats", and "Use the stopwatch or timer". It would be nice if these instructions were uploaded in the Trainerize video library so that we could drop them into their programs or message. The "Watch Getting Started" video that is under support is…

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add notification when clients enter body stats

I would like to also receive notifications when clients update their body stats.

906 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Garmin Connect

It seems a lot of the major fitness tracking apps are missing. Not having Garmin Connect or even Polar seems a missed opportunity.

1,808 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

270 comments  ·  Wearables and devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for voting for this idea.

Our team has moved this idea into the design and development phase.

Please continue to return to ideas.trainerize.com to vote for or add any other ideas.

Your feedback is important to us!

13. New nutritional breakdown is awful

New nutritional breakdown is awful - we now have to click 3 times to view breakfast, lunch and dinner each day for a client, multiplied by 50+ clients is a lot more time added to a working day. It is clunky and not user friendly at all.... PLEASE change it back!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Quick calendar switch from client to client

In the desktop view, it would be amazing if you could switch quickly from a client's calendar to another client's calendar, via arrows/drop down menu. I believe the only way from calendar to another client's calendar is to "return to overview" first, search for a client, and then go to their calendar.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Samsung Galaxy Watch or S-health integration

Samsung Health so that data can be imported to this app, for clients

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Wearables and devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for voting for this idea.

Our team has moved this idea onto our planned roadmap.

Please continue to return to ideas.trainerize.com to vote for or add any other ideas.

Your feedback is important to us!

16. Built-in meal plan generator/builder that gives meal plan with recipes and shopping list

You pick a certain diet for them and from there can be a library of recipes to pick from like the workouts but for food. Then be able to swap out foods or change parts of their meal plan directly in Trainerize.

Something like myPTHub or evolution nutrition. Keep everything under one roof.

This should be viewable on the calendar without having to download an old-school PDF.

2,361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Easier Program Changing

When you update a program description and change, add or substitute exercises, you have to re-schedule the workout in the calendar and re-do the advanced progressions every time, otherwise the changes never show up.

Make it so that when you make a change to a program, it is automatically updated without rescheduling and without re-doing the entire advanced progression planner.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add warmup sequences

Add warmup sequence for specific body parts or general warmup so we can re-use.

Please add your specific exercises to the comments, with any youtube videos. That will help us execute on this idea if we have specific exercises we can execute on.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search option inside chats and messaging

Would be very helpful if there was search inside each conversation in messages

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fitness Assessments

I like that you guys have the FMS on the app. But I would like to see other types of assessments. For gen population I prefer the 1-mile walk test or 3 min step test to figure out a client’s cardiovascular level & vo2 max. Curl up, push ups for muscular endurance and sit and reach for flexibility to determine a client ability. these are just a few of the tests part of the 5 components which include: muscle strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and body fat composition.

I noticed that you guys have the 7 and 3 sites…

701 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base