Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to track Appointments as "completed, no show, etc" - show completed appointments under each Trainer

This would be critical for payroll/accounting purposes. As a brick and mortar establishment, we of course kept track of all completed personal training sessions for payroll purposes of our employees. We also tracked/compensated for appointments where the client late cancels, or no shows. If this could be tracked somewhere for easy reporting - like underneath each trainers name and sorted by weekly, monthly, etc it would simplify payroll processing. It would also allow us to charge clients for no shows or late cancels.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Built-in meal plan generator/builder that gives meal plan with recipes and shopping list

You pick a certain diet for them and from there can be a library of recipes to pick from like the workouts but for food. Then be able to swap out foods or change parts of their meal plan directly in Trainerize.

Something like myPTHub or evolution nutrition. Keep everything under one roof.

This should be viewable on the calendar without having to download an old-school PDF.

2,261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fitness Assessments

I like that you guys have the FMS on the app. But I would like to see other types of assessments. For gen population I prefer the 1-mile walk test or 3 min step test to figure out a client’s cardiovascular level & vo2 max. Curl up, push ups for muscular endurance and sit and reach for flexibility to determine a client ability. these are just a few of the tests part of the 5 components which include: muscle strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and body fat composition.

I noticed that you guys have the 7 and 3 sites…

667 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Onboarding videos for clients

Create onboarding videos for trainers to use to help their clients to learn how to use the app. I am looking for more support videos from trainerize for my clients. I need videos to show them how to "Find their workouts", "Mark their Workout" as complete, "Substitute Exercises", "Access the On Demand Library", "Take Progress Photos", "Track Body Stats", and "Use the stopwatch or timer". It would be nice if these instructions were uploaded in the Trainerize video library so that we could drop them into their programs or message. The "Watch Getting Started" video that is under support is…

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "End of Month Report"

I think it'd be great to have the system send an "End of Month Report" to each client with stats like:

Total Workouts.
    Average workouts per week.
    Personal Bests summary
    Nutritional summary with average calories, carbs, fat, protein.
    etc..

Most "online fitness options" do something like this as a way to give clients a feeling of accomplishment at months end. This would be a great way for us to show how we are helping clients get stronger and healthier.

1,634 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New nutritional breakdown is awful

New nutritional breakdown is awful - we now have to click 3 times to view breakfast, lunch and dinner each day for a client, multiplied by 50+ clients is a lot more time added to a working day. It is clunky and not user friendly at all.... PLEASE change it back!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add warmup sequences

Add warmup sequence for specific body parts or general warmup so we can re-use.

Please add your specific exercises to the comments, with any youtube videos. That will help us execute on this idea if we have specific exercises we can execute on.

218 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Different macro days (training/rest)

Allow different sets of macros for rest days and training days.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 408 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  52 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Not asking clients for their weight when signing up

When clients sign up they have to enter their weight as part of their profile. I work with a number of clients who have body image struggles or a history in eating disorders so asking for their weight is really not okay and I have to physically tell them to enter 0kg in this because it's irrelevant.

It would be brilliant if we could remove this or have this as an optional thing instead of compulsory

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. custom exercise tags

Be able to create your own tags for exercises so it can be categorized based on intended purpose (work on muscle, on a joint, or a specific movement pattern)

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Manually enter calories for work out

Being able to enter calories burnt per workout when completed

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like a suggested alternative exercise section

I understand clients can go in and substitute exercises. But I would like to have a list of my suggested alternatives first. I sell master programs and I run into the issue of clients not having the necessary equipment and need an alternative I do not want to go in and build out a million different versions of a master plan to meet each individual client's needs. I would like a way for clients to substitute exercises with that I suggest in case they don't have that equipment.

Another solution that might be a stretch is based on the consultation…

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bring back colour coding and repeating events to program scheduler

With a recent update for Stacking Multiple Programs, Trainerize introduced a new scheduler that depreciated the colour coding and repeating events.
    This idea is to bring back the features from the previous scheduler.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Be able to upload word documents in the welcome email as an attachment

Be able to upload word documents in the welcome email as an attachment

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability for clients to view a list of on demand workouts to start and filter them

Build out an on-demand section like Peleton where clients can browse from a list of workouts and filter them by say Time, Duration, Equipment needed etc.

356 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have a view to browse all meals on one page and navigate by day quickly using keyboard

Have a view where you have all the meals and you can navigate quickly between days and easily go through the days' meal details with the keyboard using the arrow keys.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Exercise Flagging by Clients

Exercise Flagging - When a client wants to change an exercise, he/she can flag the exercise and the trainer sees all flagged exercises for each client in the dashboard so he can easily change or modify the exercises.

Another example, a client needs additional instructions on a particular exercise so he flags the exercise as "Require more information" or something similar.

This would make our life as Trainers much easier. At the moment the only option is to have clients leave comments after their workouts, but this means that we have to read every note of each workout. I do…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. clients able to add in their own habits

Clients have the ability to add in the habits they wish to work on

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to see upcoming training phase to prepare for it.

As a user, it's frustrating that I can't see my next program until the day it starts.

Example: It's Saturday and my new program starts on Monday (updated exercises or reps or something). Nothing shows up in my calendar though until Monday :/

Ideal: It would be great to see the next program that I have available so that I can prep for it. Instead, I have to wait until Monday morning (workout time) and I have to scramble to figure out the new routine in order to get it done in time. I'd prefer to have the next program…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base