Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to track Appointments as "completed, no show, etc" - show completed appointments under each Trainer

This would be critical for payroll/accounting purposes. As a brick and mortar establishment, we of course kept track of all completed personal training sessions for payroll purposes of our employees. We also tracked/compensated for appointments where the client late cancels, or no shows. If this could be tracked somewhere for easy reporting - like underneath each trainers name and sorted by weekly, monthly, etc it would simplify payroll processing. It would also allow us to charge clients for no shows or late cancels.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability for clients to view a list of on demand workouts to start and filter them

Build out an on-demand section like Peleton where clients can browse from a list of workouts and filter them by say Time, Duration, Equipment needed etc.

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A button where females can click to when they are on their period and the weight loss graph turns a different colour

When females have their menstrual cycle, it would be great to be able to see it on the chart with their weight loss, in a different colour

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not asking clients for their weight when signing up

When clients sign up they have to enter their weight as part of their profile. I work with a number of clients who have body image struggles or a history in eating disorders so asking for their weight is really not okay and I have to physically tell them to enter 0kg in this because it's irrelevant.

It would be brilliant if we could remove this or have this as an optional thing instead of compulsory

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to build HR or cardio intervals for metcon

I should be able to pick "running" or "rowing" and build out a HR interval workout by picking time and HR zone for that time.

The app should prompt the client as the HR protocols changes.

Also the timer should run in the background without locking.

605 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add warmup sequences

Add warmup sequence for specific body parts or general warmup so we can re-use.

Please add your specific exercises to the comments, with any youtube videos. That will help us execute on this idea if we have specific exercises we can execute on.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Daily Wellness Survey - Sleep Quality, Stress/Mood, Motivation and Energy Levels

For online coaching purposes having the ability to track the following by allowing the client to rate their daily with a daily form/questionaire/survey

Sleep Quality
    Stress / Mood
    Motivation
    Water Intake.

This will help paint a better overall picture if the client is affected by any of these.

Helps with accountability, adherence and results.

1,517 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom video with habits

Ability to add your own video for habits.

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add weekly check in day. And set a macro goal for a certain date

I have some nutrition only clients that I am adjusting weekly macros. Having a set check in day in the system would help with organization. Also, being able to set a macro goal for the future. For example, set a new macro goal that starts tomorrow so it wouldn’t mess with today’s set macros. Very helpful when working with clients in different time zones

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Google fit integration

Without having a Fitbit, there seems to be no way for an Android device to sync fitness data to the app at all. Google fit talks to pretty much everything else but not this. There seems to be no way around it, either I buy an iPhone, or I buy a Fitbit.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync Renpho Scale

Renpho is a scale that is widely used by my client base. It is cheaper than Withings yet tracks nearly all the same data.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Being able to have timed exercises and repped exercises in the same workout

Many times in my workouts I have both times exercises and repped. For example maybe I want to give them a cardio burst after their repped exercises in a mini circuit. Like rope jumping after bicep curls and triceps extensions, for example. I would like to time the rope jumping and count reps on the other.

510 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like a suggested alternative exercise section

I understand clients can go in and substitute exercises. But I would like to have a list of my suggested alternatives first. I sell master programs and I run into the issue of clients not having the necessary equipment and need an alternative I do not want to go in and build out a million different versions of a master plan to meet each individual client's needs. I would like a way for clients to substitute exercises with that I suggest in case they don't have that equipment.

Another solution that might be a stretch is based on the consultation…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Weekly average weight

We need to have a seperate daily & weekly average weight metric tracker, not attached to measurements.

At present if we ask clients to take a daily weight it will also ask them to take daily measurements.

We need to be able to take daily weight, then ask for weekly average weight & certain measurements of choice (decided by coach & client)

382 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tempo training

Adding in space to create tempos for training

1,078 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to subscribe clients up for multiple programs (individual + other programs)

Be able to sign clients up for multiple programs. They could keep their individual program and be subscribed to other mobility programs or challenge programs.

793 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  121 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Could you add bluetooth heart rate monitor strap please :)

Heart rate monitor straps are more affordable and more effective than the watches. Would be great to be able to use them! When remote coaching it is so important to be able to see someone’s effort, you want to be able to see that they are pushing themselves during the workouts. It’s a great coaching tool, especially for clients that might not be getting results. You already have the technology in your system, just add a strap option! Thanks guys :)

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow us to customize the invitation / setup / welcome email

The invitation email is not customizable. Should be.

We'll like to add our own information to the email.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to edit/delete a repeated auto-message together

I then schedule that message and select repeat every day at 8 am for the next 12 weeks.
    15 mins later I realize I’ve spelled something wrong or it’s at the wrong time or date.
    Now I have to edit / delete each message one by one. The original “parent” message has no ability to interact with the “Child” messages.
    The best example of this is scheduling an appointment on a calendar that has other “reoccurrences” when you up date the parent the child reoccurrences have the option of being updated as well

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Set a daily step goal

Ability to set a daily steps goal that auto updates with connected devices

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)