Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1525 results found

1. Exercise difficulty rating

With a previous software that I've used, each exercise was rated on a difficulty level from 1-10, and when searching for exercises, you were able to sort based on difficulty level, which makes it much easier when trying to find exercises for extreme beginners, or extreme experts if necessary.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change swim metrics to "Yards" and "Meters" instead of "miles"

It's rare if ever that people swim in "miles." Make this system more user friendly toward triathletes and coaches of endurance atheletes.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Exercise Variations/Options

It would be useful to be able to set suggested variations for exercises

E.g.

Exercise 1 - Bench press (Barbbell)

If client doesnt have that piece of equipment they can select from a trainer suggested selection of swap ins.
    Trainer could then select, Db bench, chest press machine etc as suggested swaps

Then if client makes the change, it allows them to permanently change that in their programme

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Progression Spreadsheet should be built in with the edit screen.

You should allow for the monthly progression to be done while creating the workout as well.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Clients to make permanent exercise substitutions in their own program if needed

At the moment when a client is subscribed to a program, they can make a substitute in their program via the app, but the next time they do their workout it switches back to the original exercise.

It would be great to select an option to allow the client to make a permanent change, if allowed by the trainer to do so.

This makes it extremely hard if we are running groups with all clients on the same program, and 100 of them need a permanent substitution due to lack of equipment or injury.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add the ability to schedule a workout at a certain time

I train aspiring professional aerialists and circus athletes. I track my clients overall training, including fitness classes they go to locally, and what times of day I want them to workout. I want to be able to schedule they're workout at a certain time of day. This would also allow the ability to export their schedule to whatever Calendar or Agenda app they use on their phone, tablet, or watch and set reminders for conpliance. Thank you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Clear Week" and "Clear Remainder of Program" options

Sometimes I have to change a person's program mid program. And they already have everything scheduled into the calendar and it's a little obnoxious to have to individually delete everything. "Clear Week" and even "Clear Remainder of Program" options would be CLUTH.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fitness Assessment & Progress Tests

Having a fitness assessment to see where the client started and where we should start with the client would be extremely helpful. To see their progression, it’d be great if we could schedule one every couple of months or so (as we see fit). Also, being able to compare PRs would be great for the client to get motivated and keep going!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When deleting exercises off of clients calendar, allow feature that ask "delete this one or delete all similar workouts."

Example, if I schedule a client to do a back and bicep workout every monday, I should be able to click "delete" and have the option to delete the back and bicep workout for that day or for every Monday that is scheduled. This will save trainers time from going week by week to delete the same workout.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add the ability to include fitness classes in a client's program

It would be great to be able to work a client's fitness class schedule into their plan, even if the class isn't with me. Ideally, this would include the ability to add a class as a Workout, and customize the location of the class-like if you want them to attend a certain studio, or to have the address of their class come up for direction purposes when its time for class. Since all studios are not on mindbody, having this option gives individual studios the opportunity to use their app to monitor client class accountability as well.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Introduce a section within the workout plan to gauge the intensity each exercise/workout.

Personally I like to use the 'Reps in Reserve' (RIR) model. For each set I ask my clients to record how many more reps they feel they could have completed in good form. Very simple and gives me an indication of how hard the client is working. This is vital when progressing the workout (increase load/reps/ROM ect.) or even more importantly can help to identity if the intensity is too high and increasing the risk of injury.
    Maybe this isn't for every trainer but it would be nice to have the option to customise the workout information.
    RPE scale is…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need "Workout template" in the app

There's no workout template in the app. And its not hard to do.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to set a distance within a custom exercise. For example: lunges x 20 yards, crawl x 50 feet

Add the ability to set a distance within a custom exercise. For example: lunges x 20 yards, crawl x 50 feet

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Record their weight in lbs but their training loads in kg

My clients get weighed in lbs but the weights we use are in kg.

There is only one setting fit the whole platform. If should be two options to accommodate the above

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Editing progression

When editing progression for a workout, it would be great to see the last 1-3 workouts stats (sets, reps, weight) (more the better) as well. You might need to adjust exercise based on previous stats, and having everything in view would make things so much simpler.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. See, Click & Drag Workout Templates to/within Calendar vs. opening various windows

Have it so workout templates show in a column on a left-side bar with a client's calendar open on the main screen such that a trainer can see all workouts and simply drag/drop to a day on the calendar, avoiding the hassle and wait time of having to first click a day, then scroll through all workouts, select, wait til it's loaded, then repeat for other days. PLUS allow workouts to be clicked and dragged from one day to another day on the calendar, again avoiding the issue of opening windows and not being able to see the calendar.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Free text option to the carido listing

add 'Other' as an option with an open text field to the cardio list. This will allow users to add their own activity which may not be included in the list.

Keep up the great work!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pickleball as an activity

Several of my clients are asking that pickleball be added as an activity. it's becoming very popular

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Availability to give an exercise substitute easily without losing the progression planned

I cannot change an exercise without having to do all the progression again... If a client need a substitute, I have to edit thee workout, reschedule the workouts the same days and then do all the progression all over again...

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add YMCA three-minute step test

Ability to add 3 min step directly to the platform and enter the results.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base