Trainerize

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A note column for exercises for different workouts

a column for a adding a note on exercise for different workouts e.g.star jumps - for one workout it is go slow , for other workout go fast , for another one start slow then speed up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More than 5 Workouts in Training Phases

Show more than 5 workouts on the page in the Training Phases in a Program. Currently, building a Program from scratch, the 6th workout goes to "page 2" with no way of changing that. Yet several of the pre-built programs have more than 5 workouts on 1 page in the Training Phase.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ability for clients to access their workouts from a computer

We have multiple clients wanting to access their workouts from their computer for a bigger viewing screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to add cover photo for workouts

Option to upload a cover photo to workouts, instead of the screenshot of the first exercise.

This helps make them more easily identifiable within a program, especially if all workouts begin with the same exercise (i.e. all of mine have activation exercises at the beginning, so almost all covers look the same)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Embed questions into a workout for clients to answer after they've done the workout

Ability to add questions into the workouts for my clients to answer afterwards. I have three questions that I like my clients to answer, and at the moment I am telling them to type their answers into the comment section, but it isn't ideal as they have to remember what the questions are. It would be easier if there was a way to add questions so that they can answer them after they have done the workout.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unlock lessons

Make the completed workout function as a gate keeper

Meaning if clients don’t complete the scheduled activities/task for the day or week they are locked out of the upcoming lessons

Until the required lessons/training/ task are completed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A better integration of "Rate of Perceived Exertion" (RPE) within Regular workout design

A better integration of RPE would include a designated field for trainers to communicate the RPE for each exercise to the client, letting them know how hard this set should feel.

In addition, I would suggest the inclusion of a field where clients record their "Last Set Rate of Perceived Exertion" (LSRPE) This way trainers can get a more granular picture of how and where clients rate of exertion reaches or approaches failure throughout the workout rather than relying on the single exertion rating at the end of the workout.

This could also be tied into automation, automatically generating a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give the option for no rest time after the last set of an exercise.

If I give a client bench press for 3 sets and I want them resting 90 seconds between each set then I would select this on the rest time tab, however, that 90 second rest also applies after the 3rd set. What if I want them resting 3 minutes before their next exercise instead of 90 seconds? I have to select rest from the menu and select 3 minutes, but that pesky "90 second rest" is still there after their 3rd set of bench. It is a confusing feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy/Paste Function for Entering Workout Data

Allow for copy/paste function when client is entering their workout details, instead of client having to enter rep/weight into each set (example: “copy to next line” function)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Showing previous workouts when using the progression feature

Currently you can change the reps and sets on a weekly basis for any given workout. If you could include the previous stats, weight, reps completed or RPE from the previous weeks; this would make it easier to successful program what volume and intensity the client should receive for the following weeks.

You can also layout the progress made for each client in a more concise manner.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability for clients to form groups with their families to self-motivate

A group of my clients are challenging each other to drop the extra weight. I was thinking, it would be great if we could just use Trainerize to form a group – share our workouts, habits and food with each other to help hold each other accountable. So, instead of using Strave+FitnessPal+Facebook, we could just use Trainerize.

None of us were interested in signing up with a trainer to get it done – but we’re pretty good at challenging each other 😊

Especially for clubs I think this would be a great way to allow friends, families and groups to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to change rest period in periodization

Ability to change rest period in periodization

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upload video workouts from mobile app

Be able to upload video workouts from the mobile app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to record stats during interval training

It would be both beneficial and excellent to not only have clients track the time they're doing a specific exercise but also the reps and load they are using during interval training, instead of waiting until the end and possibly remembering and recording wrong data or breaking the flow of the training to constantly pause and record only to transfer the data later.
    This would help trainers support and display to our clients the true progress they are making within a given routine or with specific exercises in regards to strength, endurance, and even cardio vascular fitness.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a like button for workouts so clients can categorize and find their favorites.

I have a few clients asking if there is a way to mark favorite workouts so they can go back to find the ones they really like.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clients to make permanent exercise substitutions in their own program if needed

At the moment when a client is subscribed to a program, they can make a substitute in their program via the app, but the next time they do their workout it switches back to the original exercise.

It would be great to select an option to allow the client to make a permanent change, if allowed by the trainer to do so.

This makes it extremely hard if we are running groups with all clients on the same program, and 100 of them need a permanent substitution due to lack of equipment or injury.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to enter the same amount of text in notes via the mobile app, as we currently can on the site.

Currently, there seems to be a text limit when creating workouts and entering notes on the mobile app, compared to on the site. We should have the ability to enter larger notes while using the app like I can on the desktop version.

I haven't noticed recently, but previously larger notes created on the desktop site, have been cut off when viewing the workout on the app. Obviously meaning all instructions for that movement cannot be viewed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. change progressions through the calendar when designing a program

in the calendar view of programming, there should be a way to see all the workouts progressions, i know we can go to the specific workout and change its progression as it appears through the periodization, but i want to look at my 6 week calendar, and change the sets/reps through the calendar view; maybe include a percentage feature, or a Lite, light to moderate, moderate, moderate to heavy, and heavy drop down menu. along with this it would be easier to copy (repeat) workouts, if there was a highlight copy and paste feature from the calendar view as well,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cardio completion notification should also be generated

Only workout completion generates notification. Cardio completion should also generate notification - in app and email.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base