Skip to content

Coach / Trainer - ABC Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1443 results found

1. See past stats when opening a tracked workout from the overview

When clicking an already tracked workout from the Recent Activities list, it would be sweet to be able to see the progress already there.

So instead of only showing weights and reps for that workout, show the past 3-4 workout stats.

Picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-PDLfuW_vgkN1BkVzRGTHdza2M/view?usp=sharing

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow progressing of round in progressions builder for interval workouts

When I try to edit the progressions for interval workouts, it only gives me the option to change the rest interval time, but I have no way of changing the high intensity interval time. Making this possible with the interval workouts would save so much time.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add more capabilities for printing workouts

It would be cool to be able to download a picture and video for the same exercise and have the option of switching between them on the fly for printing purposes. When I print a template workout, it only shows the thumbnail of the video, which doesn't always show the correct angle of the exercise to be performed. It would be nice to be able to click on a button and change all the thumbnail videos to pictures of my choice for each exercise. The way it's set up right now, I have to choose between uploading a video or…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add option to queue workouts insted of setting them on a fixed day

Add the ability to set up days when client is supposed to train, but queue workouts instead of fixing them to a date:

Example:

I want my trainee to workout on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.

I want him to do two workouts A and B.

Right now i have to set it up on a fixed day:

Monday: A progression 1
    Wednesday: B progression 1
    Friday: A progression 2
    Monday: B progression 2
    etc.

If he misses Wednesday's workout he should do "B progression 1" on Friday instead of "A progression 2".

No I have to change everything manually, and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. option for clients to skip exercises / rest

Users need to be able to skip on circuits/hiit. eg i set up a tabata plan but I put a rest in between each block of exercises that my clients felt was too long. For future, of course, I can increase this, but for that workout it would have been great if they had the option to skip when they wanted.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Edit main workout Template that automatically updateClients that is using that workout template

I have created a workout template and I have a multiple clients using the template however I add and videos tot he template weekly sometimes daily. I have updated the main template but this does not update all the clients using the template. Example I added 3 new videos and I have 50 people using this template instead of going to each individually to update them how can I do a bulk update without duplicating in the calendar or going to each individually?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow clients to track 'freestyle workouts' in real-time...

Allow clients to track 'freestyle workouts' in real-time adding the exercise followed by sets, reps and weight as they go. This would make things way simpler to track as they go along rather than having to add the exercises first, then editing the sets/reps, then editing the weight, which at the moment is a nightmare.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Seperate textbox for sets, reps, tempo, rest and weight

Please have separate textbox for sets, reps, tempo, weight and rest, not just a box for sets, and a shared one for reps and weight as it sometimes isn't clear to clients. It would be easier as opposed to typing the rest of the info in notes as I feel like I'm then re-writing the plan again.
    Also, the ability to alter plans and measurements from the app would be amazing

Thanks

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Negative Weight Entry

Some workouts need to be regressed by taking off weight. For example, pull-ups or training finger strength on a hang board.

It seems like there is a condition in the app that won't let me date entry negative weight.

Can this be changed so that I can log a set with -15 lbs for ex?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it possible to track clients workouts that are onsite with a trainer. It would be easier to convert clients as well.

Trainers should be able to record live sessions as they are happening. Clients would be more likely to sign up for an additional monthly fee if they see us working with it everyday.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow us to record and insert our voice in exchange for the generic beep that signals the start of a set following a rest!

It would allow our personalities to shine through every set by giving countdowns, making clients feel like we are really with them during their workouts

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to label sections or blocks for each workout such as warmup, strength, assistance, skills, mobility, cool down, etc.

Currently there is no distinction between areas/sections of the workout such as warmup, movement prep, strength, assistance, met-con, skills, cool down, mobility/stretching, etc.
    It would be great to have the sections labeled or the ability to create a custom area/section.
    It would also be great to have templates for each area/section that could be saved and easily placed into the other workouts

For Example:

Warmup:
    Rower @ 5 minutes

Movement Prep:
    2 Rounds
    10 Air Squats
    10 Leg Swings
    10 KB Swings
    10 Lateral Lunges

Strength:
    Back Squat 5,5,5,5,5 @ 75%

Assistance:
    4 Rounds
    10 KB Split Squat
    10 KB…

1,912 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve the rest timer

I was working out tonight on the versaclimber at my local gym and wanted to do sprint intervals of 30 seconds while listening to my music.

I could not do this because the rest timer didn't warn me that there were only 10 seconds left. I was waiting for a ring or to alert me but it never did. A countdown would have been nice too. But I wouldn't of wanted it to interrupt my music.

Timed workouts are the best workouts for online training. The client can stay on track and push themselves (reps don't do this)

You really…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the ability to set a distance within a custom exercise. For example: lunges x 20 yards, crawl x 50 feet

Add the ability to set a distance within a custom exercise. For example: lunges x 20 yards, crawl x 50 feet

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow supersets to be created with different set scheme

Super sets should be able to be created, but with the ability to change the number of sets for each exercise.

For example:
    Deadlift
    Bench Press
    Plank

If you want 4 sets of the deadlift, 3 sets of bench press, and 3 sets of plank you should be able to program that in while still working in a tri set.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Offer an option for Alternate Sets not just Supersets

Supersets is misleading to clients. There needs to be an option for Alternate Sets to save writing "This is not a superset" in the notes several times per program. If anything Supersets are used less than Alternates.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add freestyle workouts to Progress Stats

Make it so that freestyle workouts can count towards and show up in the progress stats.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add non-training events to the calendar

Many of our clients are training for something specific... be it a sports meet or event, a competition, or a trip to the beach. It would be nice to be able to add those events to the calendar, even if it's just a titled item with no real content.

Right now I build a workout for their events, so that I can see those things on their calendar when I'm building their plan, but that clutters up their training plan.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Develop a more general strength programming template

Currently the program writing template is too restrictive. A simple (hopefully!?) solution would be to have more fields. For example I write programs similar to Ian King/Charles Poliquin. Many PTs do to:

A1 Back squat, 3 sets, 8-10 reps, 4011 tempo, 60 sec rest
    A2 Lying leg curl 3 sets, 6-8 reps, 4110 tempo, 60 sec rest

A1 and A2 are not super sets in this case, they are simply paired. Calling two or more sets paired or grouped together a super set is too restrictive.

Simplify this bit and I'm sold.. until then, thanks for the look.

Alex Moody

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base