Trainerize

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Being able to change a workout from Circuit, regular or intervals. Once the workout is built (without having to re-make a whole new workout)

Being able to change a workout from Circuit, regular or intervals. Once the workout is built (without having to re-make a whole new workout)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow in-app sign ups and seamless in-app purchases via AppStore or PlayStore

My business has a significant amount of people trying to download my app and they're blocked from signing up.

Also, after that, they cannot upgrade to a paid plan in-app.

We are ok with the app stores taking 15% of the commission as it outweighs the loss in business of people not being able to seamlessly sign up.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to pick an exercise or upload a thumbnail for a workout

I am considering making a basic "how to use" video for each session with a thumbnail including the full workout name. Since I already have all of that info in the workout description, it would be much nicer if I could just add a thumbnail to the workout itself. Would also get rid of having the same image for every workout (since I use the same movement prep warmup for every session).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. send exercise in message

I want to be able to share an exercise directly from the message box. I wish I could search inside the message for an exercise like I can while creating a workout.

This instance I"m trying to share a warm up exercise for bad shoulder mobility and this client is on a membership master workout program so I can't just put it in her program.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The ability to create quizzes

Have a section where we can build out custom learning courses where they check off each step before they can move on to the next one. Each step can include text, survey/quizzes, or videos. It would be nice to create our own library of these courses to upsell or offer free to clients.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have a view to browse all meals on one page and navigate by day quickly using keyboard

Have a view where you have all the meals and you can navigate quickly between days and easily go through the days' meal details with the keyboard using the arrow keys.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Session tracking without Trainerize Pay

Have the ability to add-on an "appointment bundle" of sessions on the clients training phase. Track inside TZ each appointment from that add-on "appointment bundle." Example: Jane Doe signed up for 6 months of online coaching and a 20-session add-on. Each appointment in TZ is marked 1/20, 2/20, 18/20, etc as Jane uses up her sessions. She sees it. Coach sees it. So if Jane has 4 months remaining in her training phase, she and the coach both know there's no more sessions remaining after appointment 20/20. No confusion.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the idea forum and adding your vote to this idea.

We’re keeping this set to ‘Not Right Now’, as this isn’t something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we’ll check back in here with a new status. We’re returning your vote to you so please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

8. Ability to brand the workout summary page to represent our business branding colors, logo image, splash image, etc.

We'd like to be able to brand and customize what each workout summary page looks like inside the app to represent our Studio. This would also allow our clients to share their workout summary to their social media accounts and could potentially lead to new clients from that social media post. We own a studio and this would be a huge marketing strategy for us!

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Gift or credit a session credit

Ability to be able to add a paid session to a client's account.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Google fit integration

Without having a Fitbit, there seems to be no way for an Android device to sync fitness data to the app at all. Google fit talks to pretty much everything else but not this. There seems to be no way around it, either I buy an iPhone, or I buy a Fitbit.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. group sync ABC memberships and recurring services that have the same automation setup

memberships and recurring services that have the same automation, you should only have to set up the automation for those once and the rest should get set up automatically

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ABC+  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "Readiness" questionnaires for pre-workout.

Adding the ability to have a "Readiness" questionnaire within the app would be highly useful for those of us who train high level athletes.

We currently have to use a google form for this purpose, instead of using the app. If we were able to use the app for this purpose, we could streamline our coaching processes.

Adding this might also entice other Sport science/S&C coaches to the platform

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Notes on Habit Tracking

Sometimes clients have roadblocks or found something that helped them and would like to write them down to ensure future success. Would be great to track those things in notes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Habits and Wellness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Strava

So many people use Strava to record walks, runs, rides, swims etc. This would be very useful for me

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add instructional video to workout instructions instead of written

option to add a short video to the workout instructions section instead of written.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. increase group size over 1000

Ability to add over 1000 people to run nation wide communities

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups and digital community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to track client's heart rate throughout entire workout/cardio activity etc.

Currently the app only shows average, max and min heart etc.
    It would be GREAT to be able to see a full graph of their heart rate throughout the entire workout/activity.
    This can be pulled from any of the major phone's health apps.

This would be great to be able to see their heart rate at certain times (spikes) / make sure they're consistent if training at a certain zone. It would pair well with the RPE and other stats.

Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Video Messages when on Desktop

It'd be awesome to be able to do video messages from desktop, so I don't have to go back and forth on mobile a ton, and since it would upload a lot faster than on mobile.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom video with habits

Ability to add your own video for habits.

407 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Habits and Wellness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the "Thumbs Up" solid after deploying in the Client Overview

It would be awesome to have the Thumbs Up stay solid to know we've already deployed for that client activity. Even better, it would be great to have the same options available that appear in Groups (which DO show what has been deployed). Thanks!

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base