Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Post warm ups prior to the session

Allow us to post our recorded warm up exercises prior to the session so when our clients log into the sessions 5 mina ahead of time they see 3 to 4 recorded warm up exercises that we selected for them so that they can begin prior to the session. You need more value for the video calls if people are going to pay for that, if not zoom is a free option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Video calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. edit auto messages without having to copy and paste and delete

Currently, to edit an auto message you need to copy the current one, delete it, paste, then edit. It would be great to edit directly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Award points weekly based on compliance

I would like to award by overall change and compliance to follow habits, workouts and nutrition plan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Challenges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Overview / home screen page

Customization for your home screen page. Something like widgets. I'd rather look at something of use to me regarding my clients rather than the "invite friends" and "new features" that is currently there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sync goals with Exercise Log Tracking

Add the ability to create a custom goal for a client and "link" it to a specific exercise in their plan. For example, if you set a strength goal of "185lb squat", the progress bar would update each week as they log their sets.

It's difficult and time consuming to have to go in and manually calculate how much progress they're making in percentages and update the progress bar, for every single client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. On purchase of product, able to automate giving of goals

On purchase of a product, be able to automatically add new goals like

- Automate log your first meal
    - Log your first workout
    - Do a recipe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Check-in for classes when clients sign in at frontdesk

Ability to check-in clients for classes after checking in at front-desk. Clients check in with ipad at the front desk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mindbody  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integration with Accuro

Be able to import Accuro Heartrate training data into Trainerize

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Push Reminder notification this is important to remind clients to workout, what good is a app if they don’t open it.

pushed reminders notifications to remind clients of schedule,to work out, to drink water or what ever the task is at hand. This would help a lot for accountability, because right now if they don’t have to have their app open they wouldn’t know their was a task at hand.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. increase distance amount that can be inputed on cardio exercises by clients

Hi
    If I schedule a cardio exercise or day as ‘rower’, my clients can input a maximum of 999m rowed. Given some of my clients are training to row across the Atlantic Ocean this isn’t enough. Can this be increased to unlimited? Or have the option to input KM’s? Cheers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. calculate percent body fat from pictures.

Construct a 3d model from the front side and back pictures. Use that 3D model to measure circumference measurements and input those measurements into a percent body fat meter. Halo app and styku already do similar calculations. Yes, the formulas are not the most accurate but that can be said for several methods, from calipers to bio-impedance. The idea is to make it easier for the clients and there are already photos that are inputted and a place on the app for body measurements to be placed. Just adds a 3D model and an additional formula.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability for clients to form groups with their families to self-motivate

A group of my clients are challenging each other to drop the extra weight. I was thinking, it would be great if we could just use Trainerize to form a group – share our workouts, habits and food with each other to help hold each other accountable. So, instead of using Strave+FitnessPal+Facebook, we could just use Trainerize.

None of us were interested in signing up with a trainer to get it done – but we’re pretty good at challenging each other 😊

Especially for clubs I think this would be a great way to allow friends, families and groups to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mass enter pre-existing workouts

Ability to mass enter workouts clients to add before trainerize. My clients love seeing their accomplishments and trends.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom onboarding forms for clients

When a new client signs up to a package, instead of attaching the forms for the client, to have it all linked in for as soon as the start using the app. More time affective. Also having the forms linked to different packages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pick the graphs to look between certain dates

Instead of having the stock standard 3,6,1 yr etc for the graphs, have it so you can pick the dates for the data you have. Makes it easier to see what has changed in the 8 or 12 weeks (however many weeks your program is). Also put a save option on the graph instead of screen shotting it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mindbody  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Track digestion/bowel movements daily

I would like my clients to be able to log their digestion. I want to know how many bowel movements (if any) they have had each day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be able to record my own voice commands to accompany custom exercises for HIIT/Circuit/Tabata

I like the new demo looping and audio on clients workouts that are for circuit/HIIT/Tabata style however i have noticed some come out to be a robotic voice and I had one client say she didn't like how the voice ended the workout bc it discrupted her flow and confused her. Id love to be able to record my own prompts over these type of workouts or at least be able to for the custom workouts I create and add to the database. Both would be nice!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base