Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to create and automate todo tasks / reminders within Trainerize

As I'm writing notes on my clients file post call, is there a feature where we can set ourselves a reminder to follow up with them from a note? Or even a reminder at all?
    I currently set them in my calendar but would prefer to keep everything in one spot!

Also, when payments fail, or programs are ending, be able to remind me to follow up with clients.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add GPS to cardio activity so distance can be auto-tracked

When clients go for a walk, run or cycle outside, it would be nice for them to just click 'start workout' and the app records the time (which is already happening) along with the amount of distance they are doing.

At the moment - I am suggesting they use another app (mapmywalk, etc) but it does put them off using our app as they already have to use a different app for food logging plus zoom.

I would rather them not need to download another app and have all these features in this one!

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Short videos showing different app features that I can send to my clients

Short how to videos with different features of the app. This would eliminate so much confusion on “how do I xyz”, and could just send them videos!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fit bit workout information synced into calendar/program

My client has a fitbit and would like to have her hiking information (miles, time, elevation, etc) synced automatically into her program when she completes a workout.

Instead of completing the hike and manually entering her miles, time, elevation, etc. into a "walking" workout.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ability to set or schedule future nutrition goals and see past nutrition goals

I would love to be able to create a 'new' nutrition goal rather than editing it. Also I'll like to be able to schedule future nutrition goal for nutrition phases and pre-planning of their macros.

I would like to be able to see what we've done in the past as I don't set goals based on % of macros so when the client is losing weight, the calories and grams of each nutrient changes. I would like to be able to still see past goals for comparison and change over time.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. be able to rearrange or reorder training phases

Be able to drop and drop training phases so we can rearrange them for easier editing of programs

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to show workouts, videos and timer on a TV for small group training like a coach's assistant.

Be able to connect a TV to a computer or Apple TV and show all the exercise videos, timers on the TV so the class can follow along.

The TV can act as a coach's assistant, so the coaches can focus on coaching technique.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Small Group Training  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow free trial option with credit card

This is good to get new customers to sign up themselves. People would like to try before spending their money. A few days or one week free trial will be an awesome feature.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. See full Heart Rate profile of workout from Apple Watch

I use HR Training for all of my endurance athletes especially. They are trying to hit a certain percentage of cardio work in different "zones". This would be such a beneficial feature!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reduce the number of clicks to complete a habit.

Reduce the number of clicks it take to complete a habit. It seams redundant to have to mark a habit, then be sent to instructions page then save every time you complete a habit.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Let us build and assign training programs from the app

Instead of having to jump on the computer, using the app we can assign programs quicker and easier

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Group habit compliance report

I am working with a group of employees for their corporate wellness. For 6 weeks, they have been asked to complete 3 habits at 90% completion. Is there any way to pull this data per client or for the whole group? The only way I can see to do this is to open each individual's calendar.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. record video calls

Sometimes for liability reasons, it might be good to be able to record the calls.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple concurrent appointments for semi-private personal training

3 individual appts in the same time window. It is not a "group" or a "class" so we dont book them that way. It is actually 3 independent individual appts at the same time.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Duplicate and/or Replace

The ability to duplicate exercises or supersets. AND the ability to replace exercises in an already created workout, so we can simply duplicate a workout, rename, and change the exercises in it, maintaining all timing and reps etc - the functionality needs to be simple but effective; Click on an exercise and be given the option to duplicate or replace. If replace is chosen the next option should be to replace this occurrence only OR all in the workout.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Calorie expenditure instead of just intake

Clients can integrate FitBit, Withings, Apple Watch, apple health, google health, MyFitnessPal, etc. so why can they only track calorie intake on Trainerize? The other apps can already track the output so it would be nice for it to transfer to trainerize so we can see the expenditure of at least a workout. It would be great to see workout, daily, and weekly totals.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Auto-reminder clients to work on the habits if they have not checked in after x amount of days

An auto reminder for the clients to check in / tick off their habits on the app after *** days of not checking in to make sure they are doing them

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base