Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option to track band resistance (ie. light, med, heavy) under the "Type" within a single exercise

Add an option to track band resistance (ie. light, med, heavy) under the "Type" category within a single exercise. A lot of my at home clients have only bands at home and I still want them to keep track of which resistance they are using so that over time they can progress to a heavier band.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zoom/live streaming with real-time heart rate tracking on screen for trainer to see.

Zoom/live streaming with real-time heart rate tracking on screen for trainer to see.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. be able to rearrange or reorder training phases

Be able to drop and drop training phases so we can rearrange them for easier editing of programs

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CrossFit-style for time workouts or timed circuits

Ability to time-cap a workout and have the atheletes put in the time taken for that workout. Be useful to build ladder/pyramid type workouts and put in total time

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Master Calendar View of all Trainer's Appointments

Ability to see a master view of all trainer's appointments instead of only being able to see one trainer at a time like currently.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Actual Training Data from Wearable Devices.

Devices like Fitbit and iWatch are synced, yet the truly important data doesn't sync and isn't viewable or uploadable to Trainerize?! I can't see how long it took a client to finish one of my workouts or their heart rate during their workout (which is key to gauging how hard they're working). I can't see that they rode the Peloton and how many calories they burned to see how to adjust their nutrition. I can't see the mileage and pace they ran when they tracked with their iWatch To have to tell them to manually upload that when the wearable…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. change the workout type after programmed

Ability to change a workout from regular/interval/circuit into another format - versus rebuilding from scratch

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to enter RPE after each set

There should be a third box after each set to note down the RPE of the given exercise of that set. This would make it easy to use from a Powerlifting and Strength training perspective.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rate difficulty of habits

Are there any plans for habits where clients can rate the difficulty of their completed habits as well as leave feedback similar to how it is with completed workouts?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Calorie expenditure instead of just intake

Clients can integrate FitBit, Withings, Apple Watch, apple health, google health, MyFitnessPal, etc. so why can they only track calorie intake on Trainerize? The other apps can already track the output so it would be nice for it to transfer to trainerize so we can see the expenditure of at least a workout. It would be great to see workout, daily, and weekly totals.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Options to add in giant sets, compound sets and drop sets. Currently only option on training program is to add super sets.

More variety in type of sets like options for giant sets, rest pause sets, drop sets and compond sets. Currently only option for super sets. More variety is please needed for adavanced programming.

771 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Categorize Invoices for Trainers to make payroll easy

If we could have a sorting/ filter method under the invoices section. This way we can see what trainer sold what invoice. The invoices are already linked to the client who is in the trainers account, so I think I way to filter it out by each trainer would not be to hard? Making it much easier to pay and invoice trainers.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Calendly integration

I currently use Calendly and would love an integration so clients can schedule their calls.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. custom group icon or emojis

Upload custom group emojis

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save custom habits as master custom habits

The ability to create and save new custom habits to save you typing custom ones every time you want to assign it to a client.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to push back scheduled items in the calendar

If a client is sick for the next 2 weeks, push their scheduled items back 2 weeks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to add preset for dashboard tiles

I do not want to have to customize each client's tiles individually. I should be able to make a preset of the types of tiles I want to turn on for all my clients added.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow us to bundle a free Apple watch with our client sign ups

Some gyms have a program where a client signs up for 24 months, we can offer a free Apple watch.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tile data (sleep/steps/RHR/etc) added into weekly calendar view

I think it'd be great if we could add the tiles that sync from Apple Health (or others) into weekly calendar view when we as coaches are working on PC?
    For instance, when reviewing my client's week (I do 100% nutrition coaching), I can see their weight and calories consumed, plus if they checked any habits that I set for them, it'd also be immensely helpful to see their Step and Sleep data in this view rather than just within the tiles in their Dash.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ADD RESISTANCE BAND EXERCISES

I cant find any exercises that use hip circles (booty bands) and i would love to add them in for my clients.

881 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’ve just added a whole new batch of resistance band exercises to the library.

We will be adding another batch of new banded exercises next month. These will be focused on movements that require the band to be affixed to a door or rack. Looking forward to sharing that with everyone.

Please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base