Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Voice messages!

It’s a bit hard to get your excitement or instructions across when sending written messages so I think voice messaging would be a great addition. I’ve had clients reach out to me this way on IG and the response is much more fluid.

1,133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

113 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have clients that are requesting their workouts be synced with their personal calendars, like their google calendar. I woul

I have clients requesting their workout calendar syncs with their personal calendar, like google. Can we make that happen?

1,498 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have multiple tabs for different clients

Have multiple tabs for different clients, so when you're training a group of people you can track everyone.

684 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Combine different circuit/interval/regular workouts within one multi-modal workouts

Add the ability to merge different types of workouts (like circuit and HIIT) into 1 workout.

1,243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Assign habit to entire master program

Would like to assign a habit (I.e. drink x amount of water) to everyone in an entire master program instead of each person individually

555 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  43 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow a video loop to keep playing while the timer keeps running

Allow video playing while the timer keeps running.

For Interval training is a big handicap to stop the timer to see the video...specially fot HIT workouts that need short bursts and flow.

Is reaaly a big issue, many clients left the app due to this problem!
    Please check this option ASAP ! Thanks in advance

709 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  64 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability for clients to select progression or regression

Ability to add regressions and progression. So clients can progress an exercise to a more challenging version, or regress to an easier version by themselves, without having to think about the right substitution.

389 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to do live video inside the groups (like FB or Instagram live)

I used to put a lot of my challenge groups in Facebook groups to aid in discussions. I liked being able to do a weekly live discussion topic. Would love to be able to do that inside the groups feature.

493 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple clients for small group virtual training or live class video calls like zoom

like you have the 1on1 training appointments but what about for group training?
    Like 3 or more people all on video as I demonstrate and then watch and Coach them as they perform the exercises

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Video calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Build out a daily video lesson or educational content that they can check off when completed

It would be great to be able to provide a daily lesson that clients can mark as completed once they’ve consumed the material and implemented the lesson

866 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Take away $1000 limit in Trainerize Pay

A few of our products are over $1000 and in Trainerize Pay we have to send the client 2 invoices of $500. If the limit of $1000 was lifted we wouldn't have to send multiple invoices.

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion.

We’re planning this for Q1 next year for businesses to be able to apply to increase their transactional limit.

You will have to pass certain verification checks to have your limit increase, something similar to a credit card limit increase.

12. Schedule appointments with multiple clients for team, or small group training.

With the new Beta Appointments feature, it would be nice to add the ability to schedule appointments with multiple clients for the same day/time. Currently, you can only schedule one appointment with one client at a time. But if I want to schedule an appointment for 2 sisters who both train together at the same time with me, I can't add them both.

Perhaps another idea is to allow appointments to be scheduled for groups and not just individuals, so that if I have more than one person training with me at a particular time, I can see that reflected…

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Built-in meal plan generator/builder that gives meal plan with recipes and shopping list

You pick a certain diet for them and from there can be a library of recipes to pick from like the workouts but for food. Then be able to swap out foods or change parts of their meal plan directly in Trainerize.

Something like myPTHub or evolution nutrition. Keep everything under one roof.

This should be viewable on the calendar without having to download an old-school PDF.

1,894 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Garmin Connect

It seems a lot of the major fitness tracking apps are missing. Not having Garmin Connect or even Polar seems a missed opportunity.

1,355 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

190 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add notification when clients enter body stats

I would like to also receive notifications when clients update their body stats.

633 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. enter multiple meal plans under meal plan tab

enter multiple meal plans under meal plan tab

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fitness Assessments

I like that you guys have the FMS on the app. But I would like to see other types of assessments. For gen population I prefer the 1-mile walk test or 3 min step test to figure out a client’s cardiovascular level & vo2 max. Curl up, push ups for muscular endurance and sit and reach for flexibility to determine a client ability. these are just a few of the tests part of the 5 components which include: muscle strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and body fat composition.

I noticed that you guys have the 7 and 3 sites…

537 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "End of Month Report"

I think it'd be great to have the system send an "End of Month Report" to each client with stats like:

Total Workouts.
    Average workouts per week.
    Personal Bests summary
    Nutritional summary with average calories, carbs, fat, protein.
    etc..

Most "online fitness options" do something like this as a way to give clients a feeling of accomplishment at months end. This would be a great way for us to show how we are helping clients get stronger and healthier.

1,364 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show weekly/monthly calories / macro averages in nutrition graph

I would love to be able to adjust the nutrition graph overview by date range and view overall averages of each metric (macros/calories). This would be super helpful to have a clearer picture of whether our clients are tracking and hitting their goals effectively through each week.

For example, if I want to see a client's nutrition data for 1 week, I should be able to set date ranges (i.e. 5/10/2020 - 5/16/2020) and see their daily numbers but also see the averages as well.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Landscape mode for iPad

Landscape mode for iPad

331 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)