Coach / Trainer - Trainerize

We are continually upgrading your fitness app with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other users can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our user community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our user community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of users and how it fits with the overall vision of the platform.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove estimated workout time (or make it optional)

Estimated workout time is inaccurate (too short) 99% of the time. Clients are constantly messaging us, wondering if they should’ve done their workouts in half the time — or less. It adds an unnecessary layer of pressure for folks who are already feeling anxious about starting a new program. Please remove, or at least make it optional.

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  App experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Not asking clients for their weight when signing up

When clients sign up they have to enter their weight as part of their profile. I work with a number of clients who have body image struggles or a history in eating disorders so asking for their weight is really not okay and I have to physically tell them to enter 0kg in this because it's irrelevant.

It would be brilliant if we could remove this or have this as an optional thing instead of compulsory

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Client Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to create and automate todo tasks / reminders within Trainerize

As I'm writing notes on my clients file post call, is there a feature where we can set ourselves a reminder to follow up with them from a note? Or even a reminder at all?
    I currently set them in my calendar but would prefer to keep everything in one spot!

Also, when payments fail, or programs are ending, be able to remind me to follow up with clients.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Client Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow us to customize the invitation / setup / welcome email

The invitation email is not customizable. Should be.

We'll like to add our own information to the email.

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Client Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a "Progress" tab to the left main list of options

Presently it takes an enormous amount of time for me to go in and out of each client's account to get to their progress area and specific reports. If we had a primary option to enter progress as the main action and then select what thing we wanted to track; ie body weight, bf, exercise stat, ... and then have a list of clients to select from... Well, the progress performance would graph up, show me what I wanted to know and then I would select the next client to see their performance in this area. And too, it would…

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Progress and Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to pause, freeze or change clients payment date

Change clients next invoice payment date instead of cancelling their plans and restarting.

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. CrossFit-style for time workouts or timed circuits

Ability to time-cap a workout and have the atheletes put in the time taken for that workout. Be useful to build ladder/pyramid type workouts and put in total time

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow clients in my membership app to browse a list of programs, and let them self select/pick what program they want to follow.

Be able to sell one price base membership, when clients sign up, allow them to pick their equipment or level and automatically assign them the correct program based on their input. Once the user is a member, if that needs to change and they want to level up, They can go open up the program picture again and select a new program.

The sweat app, Nike app and freeletics allows members to click directly on a program they want to do so they can have a wide selection.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  App experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it possible to list alternatives to exercises within each workout builder.

Make it possible to list alternatives to exercises within each workout builder.

Example: Barbell Front Squat OR Dumbbell Front Squat (same reps may still apply, helps clients with limited equipment to have fewer questions)

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add leaderboards for motivation

Leaderboard to encourage and motivate.
    Categorised by male or female or weight or age.
    Generic conditioning workouts posted per week with numbers of reps/sets or time used to categorise winners.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Challenges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Basic class booking abilities for clients to self-book into classes with timeslots for classes within Trainerize

I need basic class booking where clients can browse class time table for the business and grab a spot directly in Trainerize without needing another gym management app.

I have one membership type that allows access to all class or small group training spots. I also do not need trainer commission payout calculations or salary calculations.

For advanced class booking where you need commissioning or splitting class types by membership etc. , please vote here:
    https://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887-coach-trainer-trainerize/suggestions/45196516-need-class-booking-with-trainer-commission-payout

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the ability to sync with the Whoop tracker strap

IMO whoop.com is quickly becoming the go-to tracker for serious athletes (used by the NBA, MLB and NFL in addition to many olympians). A large part of its appeal is it the first tracker than calculates recovery and helps an athlete optimize when they're to train hard and back off all of which helps to limit injury. I'd love to see you add the ability to sync your app with Whoop as I think it would strengthen the trainer/client relationship in cases where the client uses the Whoop strap. Thank you.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Wearables and devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cronometer Integration

Cronometer is a fantastic tool to look at overall nutrition. It goes into much more detail regarding micronutrients and even individual amino acids which is INCREDIBLY important for vegans and vegetarians

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow trainers to add an attachment on the app for clients.

It would be nice to be able to attach articles or documents in a place on the app for the clients to access.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Client Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Exercise Flagging by Clients

Exercise Flagging - When a client wants to change an exercise, he/she can flag the exercise and the trainer sees all flagged exercises for each client in the dashboard so he can easily change or modify the exercises.

Another example, a client needs additional instructions on a particular exercise so he flags the exercise as "Require more information" or something similar.

This would make our life as Trainers much easier. At the moment the only option is to have clients leave comments after their workouts, but this means that we have to read every note of each workout. I do…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow trainers to enter own meals into the smart meal planner

Trainers enter their own meals with pictures & macros which appear as choices when meal plan is generated from macros

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Meal Planner (in-app)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding a dropset, cluster set, pnf, 1/2 rep, reps in reserve option to exercises.

A button or easy way to instruct clients to do dropsets burnouts, cluster sets ect on the last set of certain exercises

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add non-training events to the calendar

Many of our clients are training for something specific... be it a sports meet or event, a competition, or a trip to the beach. It would be nice to be able to add those events to the calendar, even if it's just a titled item with no real content.

Right now I build a workout for their events, so that I can see those things on their calendar when I'm building their plan, but that clutters up their training plan.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Could you add bluetooth heart rate monitor strap please :)

Heart rate monitor straps are more affordable and more effective than the watches. Would be great to be able to use them! When remote coaching it is so important to be able to see someone’s effort, you want to be able to see that they are pushing themselves during the workouts. It’s a great coaching tool, especially for clients that might not be getting results. You already have the technology in your system, just add a strap option! Thanks guys :)

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Wearables and devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto-reminder clients to work on the habits if they have not checked in after x amount of days

An auto reminder for the clients to check in / tick off their habits on the app after *** days of not checking in to make sure they are doing them

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Goals, Habits and Wellness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base