Feature requests, ideas and suggestions

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Built-in meal plan generator/builder that gives meal plan with recipes and shopping list

You pick a certain diet for them and from there can be a library of recipes to pick from like the workouts but for food. Then be able to swap out foods or change parts of their meal plan directly in Trainerize.

Something like myPTHub or evolution nutrition. Keep everything under one roof.

This should be viewable on the calendar without having to download an old-school PDF.

1,894 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

64 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Daily Wellness Survey - Sleep Quality, Stress/Mood, Motivation and Energy Levels

For online coaching purposes having the ability to track the following by allowing the client to rate their daily with a daily form/questionaire/survey

Sleep Quality
    Stress / Mood
    Motivation
    Water Intake.

This will help paint a better overall picture if the client is affected by any of these.

Helps with accountability, adherence and results.

1,517 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have clients that are requesting their workouts be synced with their personal calendars, like their google calendar. I woul

I have clients requesting their workout calendar syncs with their personal calendar, like google. Can we make that happen?

1,498 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "End of Month Report"

I think it'd be great to have the system send an "End of Month Report" to each client with stats like:

Total Workouts.
    Average workouts per week.
    Personal Bests summary
    Nutritional summary with average calories, carbs, fat, protein.
    etc..

Most "online fitness options" do something like this as a way to give clients a feeling of accomplishment at months end. This would be a great way for us to show how we are helping clients get stronger and healthier.

1,364 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Garmin Connect

It seems a lot of the major fitness tracking apps are missing. Not having Garmin Connect or even Polar seems a missed opportunity.

1,355 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

190 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Combine different circuit/interval/regular workouts within one multi-modal workouts

Add the ability to merge different types of workouts (like circuit and HIIT) into 1 workout.

1,243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Clients sign waivers with finger on their app

On the app Mind Body the professional usually has a waiver and/or agreement that the client can review and sign with their finger.
    This is better than having them view the document, print off, sign, scan and email back. Plus an electronic version on the app through your system seems much more safe.
    I would love to know that my clients can access it first before beginning any exercise programs.
    Maybe an electronic version of the Par-Q would also help with boxes for them to check. All of these additions would help the trainers using this product feel more safe.

1,180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Voice messages!

It’s a bit hard to get your excitement or instructions across when sending written messages so I think voice messaging would be a great addition. I’ve had clients reach out to me this way on IG and the response is much more fluid.

1,133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tempo training

Adding in space to create tempos for training

1,078 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to have sections for each workout such as warmup, strength, assistance, skills, mobility, cool down, etc.

Currently there is no distinction between areas/sections of the workout such as warmup, movement prep, strength, assistance, met-con, skills, cool down, mobility/stretching, etc.
    It would be great to have the sections labeled or the ability to create a custom area/section.
    It would also be great to have templates for each area/section that could be saved and copied to other workouts.

For Example:

Warmup:
    Rower @ 5 minutes

Movement Prep:
    2 Rounds
    10 Air Squats
    10 Leg Swings
    10 KB Swings
    10 Lateral Lunges

Strength:
    Back Squat 5,5,5,5,5 @ 75%

Assistance:
    4 Rounds
    10 KB Split Squat
    10 KB RDL

Stretch/Mobility: …

1,092 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  81 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a referral section for clients to refer friends to sign up to your service

Existing member gets discount from next payment, new member gets discount from first month. Trainer gets to pre set what the discount would be.

1,031 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Built-in food journal / food diary / meal tracker and macro tracking

Instead of having to use Lifesum, MyFitnessPal or Fitbit, be able to track food directly in the app.

899 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  85 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ADD RESISTANCE BAND EXERCISES

I cant find any exercises that use hip circles (booty bands) and i would love to add them in for my clients.

881 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Exercises  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great suggestion! We’ve just added a whole new batch of resistance band exercises to the library.

We will be adding another batch of new banded exercises next month. These will be focused on movements that require the band to be affixed to a door or rack. Looking forward to sharing that with everyone.

Please come back to ideas.trainerize.com to add your vote to other ideas.

Thanks!

14. Build out a daily video lesson or educational content that they can check off when completed

It would be great to be able to provide a daily lesson that clients can mark as completed once they’ve consumed the material and implemented the lesson

866 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Be able to subscribe clients up for multiple programs (individual + other programs)

Be able to sign clients up for multiple programs. They could keep their individual program and be subscribed to other mobility programs or challenge programs.

793 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  121 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. View workouts side by side in a weekly view on calendar so I can see entire programming

When writing our programs, it would be great if we could write a whole program (multiple days), on a single screen. Having to jump between screens (workout to workout) to make sure we're keeping reps, sets consistent and programs balanced is a bit of a pain and very time consuming. If we could jump on one screen to write out entire program (or at least most of it), I think the software would go next level for us at our facility!

788 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow for timed sets instead of only reps...ex squats for 1 min

Sometimes i like to set a client to hit a specific number of reps and for some exercise i would love to be able to say 5 sets each lasting 1 min

752 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Options to add in giant sets, compound sets and drop sets. Currently only option on training program is to add super sets.

More variety in type of sets like options for giant sets, rest pause sets, drop sets and compond sets. Currently only option for super sets. More variety is please needed for adavanced programming.

771 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow a video loop to keep playing while the timer keeps running

Allow video playing while the timer keeps running.

For Interval training is a big handicap to stop the timer to see the video...specially fot HIT workouts that need short bursts and flow.

Is reaaly a big issue, many clients left the app due to this problem!
    Please check this option ASAP ! Thanks in advance

709 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  64 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have multiple tabs for different clients

Have multiple tabs for different clients, so when you're training a group of people you can track everyone.

684 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 169 170
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base