Trainerize

We are continually upgrading Trainerize with new features based on your feedback. Please add a new idea, or vote on an existing idea. This ensures your ideas don't get lost and always visible and other trainers can upvote your ideas. The idea forum allows us to keep a pulse check on what our trainer community as a whole wants.

Why should I vote?
This forum allows us to more accurately prioritize ideas to ensure a system of fairness by executing on improvements needed more urgently by a larger cohort of our trainer community, in order of voting priority. It offers you transparency into what we're reviewing, starting and have completed.

Vote subscribes you to the idea so when its status changes, you'll get notified. 

When does an idea get picked up?
The higher the votes, the more likely the idea will be completed but there is no fixed formula if an idea will be picked up as it is just one avenue we look at. The idea forum is only one of the many avenues we use to evaluate an idea's feasibility. We also factor in your conversations with our support team, in-app surveys, Facebook beta groups,  complexity of the idea, talks with our inner circle of trainers and how it fits with the overall vision of Trainerize.

For example, "Portuguese support" was for the longest time in our top 3. But embarking on that would significantly dent our ability to serve our primary English speaking community effectively.

Thanks!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 174 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  33 comments  ·  Habits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Onboarding videos for clients

Create onboarding videos for trainers to use to help their clients to learn how to use the app. I am looking for more support videos from trainerize for my clients. I need videos to show them how to "Find their workouts", "Mark their Workout" as complete, "Substitute Exercises", "Access the On Demand Library", "Take Progress Photos", "Track Body Stats", and "Use the stopwatch or timer". It would be nice if these instructions were uploaded in the Trainerize video library so that we could drop them into their programs or message. The "Watch Getting Started" video that is under support is…

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Faster way to view client food logs like a weekly meals view

Trying to view each nutrition log takes forever. Right now you have to open up a persons profile individually, then click calendar, and then you can see.

It would help if there was a way to either have the system automatically send a quick link or snap shot daily in the private message or when you click on private message they should put a Botton at the top where the archive is that allows you to view the food log quickly then go back.

I try to look at clients food logs daily and its very time consuming clicking all…

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lifetime points for rewards or levels system to redeem for swag etc

An automatic system that rewards milestones and achievements in Trainerize with badges or points, to keep clients motivated in their training. For example, no workouts missed in February might earn a consistency badge or a certain number of points.

Points can be accumulated through the lifetime of a member to swap for swag or shakes

For points for group challenges, please vote here:
    http://ideas.trainerize.com/forums/167887/suggestions/36156034

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Challenges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Categories for sets, reps, tempo, rest and weight

Please have separate categories for sets, reps, tempo, weight and rest, not just a box for sets, and a shared one for reps and weight as it sometimes isn't clear to clients. It would be easier as opposed to typing the rest of the info in notes as I feel like I'm then re-writing the plan again.
    Also, the ability to alter plans and measurements from the app would be amazing

Thanks

158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Save freestyle workouts into master workouts or use in regular programming

Would be beneficial to have The ability to save a freestyle WOD, entered by either the trainer or client, to templates for later use

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to build my client's custom meal plan or nutrition plan

I would like to be able to add my clients diet's nutrition plan to the app and also be able to assign it to the calendar so that they also get the daily meals reminder along with their days workout. Like build out food items and meals in-app.

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Nutrition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow fatigue, sleep and hunger tracking feedback and from clients.

I would like to be able to assign clients the daily task of logging their total hours in bed, fatigue level from 1-5 and hunger level from 1-5, as well as exercise difficulty ratings for each exercise in the exercise-logging window.

This would make Trainerize my true one-stop solution. I currently need to use Google Sheets in conjunction with Trainerize in order to do this.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Easier Deleting Recurring Workouts in Calendar View

You can set up a recurring workout frequency easy enough but if you need to delete that workout for some reason and you have it recurring for, say, 6 weeks, you have to delete each individual workout for each of those weeks. It's tedious and there used to be an option to "delete all" recurring workouts.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to create and automate todo tasks / reminders within Trainerize

As I'm writing notes on my clients file post call, is there a feature where we can set ourselves a reminder to follow up with them from a note? Or even a reminder at all?
    I currently set them in my calendar but would prefer to keep everything in one spot!

Also, when payments fail, or programs are ending, be able to remind me to follow up with clients.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability for clients to quickly view all uploaded files or attachments

Allow something similar to other messengers, have a section where all the files that were sent so they can see all PDFs, excel files, word docs, images etc that I've sent across.

That way I can quickly share files, recipes and it's all in one place.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Google fit integration

Without having a Fitbit, there seems to be no way for an Android device to sync fitness data to the app at all. Google fit talks to pretty much everything else but not this. There seems to be no way around it, either I buy an iPhone, or I buy a Fitbit.

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Scheduled group posts in advance

Have a way to schedule posts in advance.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to a comment/reply thread to a post in groups

Allow clients or trainers to comment on a post in a group so we don't end up cluttering the main group feed.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  41 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a "Progress" tab to the left main list of options

Presently it takes an enormous amount of time for me to go in and out of each client's account to get to their progress area and specific reports. If we had a primary option to enter progress as the main action and then select what thing we wanted to track; ie body weight, bf, exercise stat, ... and then have a list of clients to select from... Well, the progress performance would graph up, show me what I wanted to know and then I would select the next client to see their performance in this area. And too, it would…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Not asking clients for their weight when signing up

When clients sign up they have to enter their weight as part of their profile. I work with a number of clients who have body image struggles or a history in eating disorders so asking for their weight is really not okay and I have to physically tell them to enter 0kg in this because it's irrelevant.

It would be brilliant if we could remove this or have this as an optional thing instead of compulsory

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow us to customize the invitation / setup / welcome email

The invitation email is not customizable. Should be.

We'll like to add our own information to the email.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client and Trainer Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it possible to list alternatives to exercises within each workout builder.

Make it possible to list alternatives to exercises within each workout builder.

Example: Barbell Front Squat OR Dumbbell Front Squat (same reps may still apply, helps clients with limited equipment to have fewer questions)

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →